What is Revolution?
Revolution Selamactin is a topical medication that is applied monthly used to protect your cats from heartworms, fleas or ear mites. This medication requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Cats that are 8 weeks of age or older, weighing 5-15 lbs.
- Fights both internal and external parasitic infections
- Protects your pet from heartworms and fleas
- Treats and control ear mites
- Treats and controls hookworms and roundworms in cats
- Temporary hair loss at the application site
- Loss of appetite
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle tremors
- Increased heart rate
What is the most important thing I should know about Revolution Selamactin?
You cannot use Revolution Selamactin on kittens under 8 weeks old. It is safe for use on pregnant or lactating cats. If applicable, the prescription medication is applied topically once a month.
What should I discuss with my veterinarian before giving Revolution Selamactin to my pet?
Inform your veterinarian if your pet has ever had an allergic reaction the medication.
How should Revolution Selamactin be given?
They should be given as per the directions of your veterinarian.
What happens if I miss giving a dose of Revolution Selamactin?
Give them the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is close to the time of the next dose, just give it then, but do not do a double dose. Follow as scheduled.
What happens if I overdose my pet on Revolution Selamactin?
Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment.
Some symptoms of overdose are:
- Lack of coordination
What should I avoid while giving Revolution Selamactin to my pet?
- Do not give it if your pet is allergic to it.
- Humans can contract hookworm from animals so make sure to maintain personal hygiene.
Also, revolution selamactin can be irritating to human skin and eyes, so be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after applying the medication to your pet.
What other drugs will affect Revolution Selamactin?
If you have given your pet an alternative form of medicine that is used to treat heartworm do not give them Revolution Selamactin.